To configure a static IP address on your Windows Vista computer:
- Click Start and click Control Panel.
- Select Network and Internet, then Network and Sharing Center, and click Manage network connections from the list of tasks.
- Right click your local area connection and click Properties.
- Select Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) from the list and click the Properties button.
- Select Use the following IP address.
- Enter in the IP address, subnet mask, and default gateway information provided to you.
- Enter in the IP address of the DNS servers your computer will use.
- Click OK.